The ACM Student Research Competition (SRC) is a forum for graduate and undergraduate students to share their research results, exchange ideas, and improve their communication skills while competing for prizes. The SRC consists of three rounds: a) online abstract submission authored by the student alone, b) poster session at PACT 2020 by authors for selected abstracts, and c) presentation at PACT 2020 by authors of the top posters selected by judges at the conference.
The evaluation of round (1) will focus on the quality of the research contributions, while rounds (2) and (3) will also consider the quality of visual and oral presentation. You can find more information on the ACM Student Research Competition at http://src.acm.org.
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the SRC will be held online as a virtual event. We have also extended the deadlines to allow more time. We look forward to your participation!
Important Dates and Submission Information
Abstract Deadline: Wednesday, Aug 12, 2020 (AoE)
Wednesday, July 22
Notification: Friday, Sep 4, 2020
Wednesday, August 12
Submission Site: https://pact20src.hotcrp.com/
Conference Dates: Oct 3-7 2020
A participant in the SRC must meet all of the following conditions:
- The abstract and the poster must be authored solely by the participant.
- The participant must submit an abstract of up to 800 words outlining the content of a poster that is going to be presented during the competition.
- The abstract must include the poster title, author name, affiliation, and the name of the academic advisor. It should describe the research problem, motivation and background, techniques and results, and the prospect for clearly and concisely conveying the work in a poster format. It should state the novelty and contributions of the work explicitly.
- The standard self-plagiarism rules are in effect. If the research results have already appeared in a publication, prior to the SRC submission date, then they are not permitted to be submitted to an SRC for consideration. Furthermore, the same work may not be presented at an SRC and in another session at PACT 2020. Novelty is one of the criteria for selection.
- The participant can be from anywhere in the world, but must be an ACM student member, and must maintain an undergraduate or graduate student status as of the abstract deadline. Please indicate whether you are an undergraduate or graduate student. You may join ACM prior to entering. Basic student membership is $19 per year or less: http://www.acm.org/membership.
- The other eligibility requirements are mentioned here: https://src.acm.org/participate.
- The content of the SRC poster can be included in a future submission to other conferences or journals.
Submissions to the PACT 2020 ACM Student Research Competition (SRC) must be submitted electronically at this SRC Submission site (https://pact20src.hotcrp.com/).
- The submission should be in pdf format. Blind submissions are fine, but not required.
- Submissions should not exceed 1 page, and should not exceed 800 words. Figures and References are fine and must fit within the single page.
- You may use the templates provided here: https://pact20.cc.gatech.edu/submissions/
- Please also note that all students whose abstracts are accepted are expected to attend PACT 2020 and present a poster of their work, and present it in a PACT session if selected from the poster session.
ACM SRC @ PACT 2020 Committees
Adwait Jog, William & Mary
Submission and Publicity Chair:
Hongyuan Liu, William & Mary
Mehmet E. Belviranli, Colorado School of Mines
Charu Kalra, Apple
Jiajia Li, PNNL
Hoda Naghibijouybari, UC Riverside
Sreepathi Pai, University of Rochester
Biswabandan Panda, IIT Kanpur
Ashutosh Pattnaik, Arm
Shuaiwen Leon Song, University of Sydney
Bin Ren, William & Mary
Probir Roy, University of Michigan-Dearborn
Nandita Vijaykumar, University of Toronto
Haonan Wang, William & Mary
All questions about submissions should be emailed to PACT 2020 ACM SRC Chair Adwait Jog (ajog -at- wm.edu).